Sunday, March 6, 2011

So Disappointing

So what to do on Sunday in Beijing when you’ve seen so many of the sights and you don’t want to deal with crowds? I thought high tea at Raffles Hotel would be perfect.

So after catching up with job hunting and emailing in the morning, I headed to Raffles. After fixing my windblown hair in the powder room I went to the Writers’ Bar. A gracious hostess led me to a table. Once I was seated, she showed me a menu and I told her I wanted high tea. She told me they didn’t offer high tea for one. It was a lot of food and intended for two or three. It costs 268 rmb ($46) plus tax (which brings it up to about $50). She suggested a piece of cake or a sandwich, but that just wasn’t what I had in mind. I know I had tea at Raffles in 2008 so this was new. If my blog was in tact I could show you pictures and link to that story. I recall getting there as tea was just about to end and having to beg, but succeeding.
I wandered a bit and settled on a sandwich at Subway. Just not the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I only approve comments that I can read so they must be in English, French, Latin or Japanese. Sorry I don't speak every language in the world. I won't approve commercial comments.