Sunday, March 13, 2011

Originally Posted in Sept. 2010

September 12, 2010

Still NO VISA

Okay, now I'm anxious. I thought for sure the visa would be in today's mail, if not yesterday's. I need the passport and visa to go. I hate the idea of having to change this flight again. I have half a mind to just not go and find a different job as much as I'm tired of all this job hunting and waiting.

I'm especially put off because the department Coordinator refused to come pick me up at the bus station. We've gone back and forth on this request. I've said that I'd really appreciate some help with my bags and finding the way to a new place after being on the road so long. I'll leave my house at 5am if not before to get on a 7am flight to San Francisco followed by an 11 hour flight to Seoul. Then I have to get a 2 hour bus to a town near my small town. That's when I'd like to have a welcome and someone to take the reins.

Nope.

I even offered to pay the Coordinator for her time and the cab. She refused.

I suppose they just don't do this, though every other job I've had does. In China and Japan several people met the new teachers and we didn't have to touch our bags. In Korea the first time two people met me at the airport. It's just nice to see such people and relax about a new endeavor. I really thought this young girl would be happy to make some extra money.

The thought I have is if I don't get this help, does it mean that I won't get other help at KNUE.
Yes, that's exactly what the refusal meant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I only approve comments that I can read so they must be in English, French, Latin or Japanese. Sorry I don't speak every language in the world. I won't approve commercial comments.